Kiswe is the leader of the interactive video experience market, specializing in the production of live video, global distribution of video to digital fans, and interactive engagement of the fan in a way that brings the at-home audience to the arena and at unparalleled scale. Our award-winning technology helps our customers, including the world’s largest networks, sports leagues, bands, and celebrities, unlock direct relationships with their audiences using broadcast-quality content that is interactive at its core. Kiswe is a global company that is headquartered in New Jersey, USA and has offices in New York, Seoul, Hasselt and Singapore.
Our experiences are powered by a set of backend API services that need to operate at large scales to serve millions of users across the world. As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be part of creating, enhancing, and scaling those services. You’ll be part of a distributed team with colleagues around the world.
This is your chance to work with a company that is defining the future of video and with an incredible team of people that strive to delight our customers with innovations that transform their business and their customers’ experience.
- Create new backend features and API endpoints
- Own their realization and deployment, including performance optimization, scaling, and reliability
- Work to integrate our services with key partners through their APIs
- When infrastructure issues do arise, perform root cause analysis to resolve them
- Track emerging technology trends, new libraries, and new cloud services that could improve our products
- 3-5+ years working on Backend or Full Stack projects
- Strong Python skills
- Strong database skills, including both relational (Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, AWS Dynamo, Google Firestore)
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs, especially using Django
- Experience using AWS Services such as S3, SQS/SNS, Lambda, and API Gateway to build larger applications
- Experience running large-scale load tests and using the results to drive performance optimizations
- Familiarity with video content delivery, codecs, and video production a plus
- Experience generating analytics data for downstream customers a plus
- Ability to work both individually and in Agile teams, using standard tools like task tracking (eg Monday, Jira), Git, etc to coordinate with others
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to adapt and evolve to technology changes
- Desire to develop skill set and share knowledge with the team
Benefits & Perks:
- Outstanding medical, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan with Company Match
- Equity - Stock Options
- School loan support
- Flexible work location and hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry-leading maternal and paternal leave program
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team of business leaders and entrepreneurs
We are a global team that serves a global audience. At Kiswe, we believe diversity is a core value and hire people of all different backgrounds, experiences, and situations. Our team thrives on a culture that embraces everyone being their authentic and best selves, and accordingly, are committed to identifying and dismantling inequalities that impede team members, partners, customers, and stakeholders with whom we work.
Kiswe is an Equal Opportunity Employer that hires talented people that are committed to excellence, and provides equal employment without regard to gender, marital status, identity, race, citizenship, ancestry, age, religion, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and personal responsibilities outside of work.
For more information or to submit your resume, contact us at HR@kiswe.com