About the job
Kiswe is the leader of the interactive video experience market, specializing in the production of live video, global distribution of video to digital fans, and interactive engagement of the fan in a way that brings the at-home audience to the arena and at unparalleled scale. Our award-winning technology helps our customers, including the world’s largest networks, sports leagues, bands, and celebrities, unlock direct relationships with their audiences using broadcast-quality content that is interactive at its core. Kiswe is a global company that is headquartered in New Jersey, USA and has offices in New York, Seoul, Hasselt and Singapore.
Help our incredible engineers and designers ship new iterations of the Kiswe Events and Concerts platform. Use your excellent communication skills, technical and user experience knowledge to interface with customers and translate technical jargon to support engineers.
Kiswe is changing the future of how interactive Videos for Concerts, Event and Sports are made by helping partners expand their audience with virtual experiences.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About The Role
As the product leaders of Kiswe, it is our job to ship the right product, with proper market research and to ship it to the high standards we demand. We also do intensive user experience research and analytics studies after we launch a product. We understand that a product isn't finished when it goes out the door.
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you'll help us build the future of Interactive Video Platforms, both inside our own product and across the larger ecosystem of apps with which we work.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- You've shipped high-impact products. You've taken an idea from its initial brief to design to development to QA to release. You understand how to manage a product through this process and how to ensure that release dates are met.
- You know how to prioritize projects based on market trends, customer needs, revenue potential, and resource analysis by blending critical thinking and gut feel.
- You're a data-driven thinker. You build a hypothesis and test it with data. You're comfortable with tools like UserTesting.com and other wireframe applications like InVision/Freehand, Omnigraffle or Figma
- You're customer empathetic. You constantly look for ways to build customer empathy, whether through customer interviews or jumping into the support queue to solve real customer problems.
- You're a great communicator. You understand that half of the job is making sure the organization knows what your team is working on and how it will impact them.
- You're technical enough. You work with engineers to understand how our data is modeled and how it flows through our system, but you know to leave the technical details of “how” to the engineers. You need to understand customer commitments and keep internal and external stakeholders aligned on progress and risks.
- You write well. You explore your ideas through concise and thoughtful writing. You appreciate the leverage that good writing has in helping a product manager win the larger organization to their ideas.
Bonus points if you have
- E-commerce and payment flow experience.
- App building experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies and using tools like Monday.com or Jira.
- Own the strategy, tactics, and metrics for your team. Understand our market position at all times and know whether our strategy needs to shift based on changes to that position.
- Manage the daily workflow of a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Be a voice at the table. Bring your experience and ideas to the table with top executives.
- Create and maintain your roadmap. Work with the team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority projects.
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, sales, support and marketing leadership.
- Drive the solutions to the problems your team looks to solve. Socialize the solutions and the findings you made with the company to create a shared understanding around your team's decisions.
- Develop market and business cases for justification of key features
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental and disability benefits in accordance with local laws
- Parental leave
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team of engineers, business managers and entrepreneurs
- 401(k) plan
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.